Monson Utility District/Town of Monson
Position Title: Assistant Utility District Administrator/Deputy Town Clerk
Reports to: Utility District Administrator/Town Manager (indirectly Town Clerk)
Classification: Non-Exempt, non benefits
No. of Openings: 1 – 25-30-hours Part-Time Position (15 hours to utility district and 10-15 to town)
This is a responsible administrative and clerical position that provides support to the Utility District Administrator and Operator. Duties include but are not limited to filing of state reports, completing quarterly billings and maintaining the utility district office.
This is a responsible administrative and clerical position that provides support to the Town Clerk in maintaining the official records of the Town; assisting with elections; and performing other duties in support of the Town Clerk. Responsibilities include dealing effectively with the public concerning department activities, and performing specific delegated tasks, all under the general guidance and indirect supervision of the Town Clerk. Performance is evaluated based on daily observation and results.
- Complete the quarterly billing for all utility district Water and Sewer Users.
- Create and submit all required reports and permits to regulating agencies
- Maintain Utility District office; ordering of supplies, etc
- Complete Utility district payroll/accounts payable
- Acts as Deputy Registrar of Voters, assists with voter registration list, assist with elections, performing duties as assigned by the Town Clerk.
- Assists with issuance of dog licenses, hunting and fishing licenses.
- Answers phones and assist callers; makes referrals to other departments as appropriate.
- Assists the Deputy Tax Collector in collecting tax payments.
- Assists with auto, boat, ATV, and snowmobile registrations.
- Interacts with Department Heads and other employees, the Town Manager, elected officials, local and state agencies, and the general public for to provide information and service to citizens with respect to other programs and policies of the Town of Monson.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other work as may be required in support of the Utility District Administrator/Town Clerk.
- Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures, current laws, rules and local ordinances which pertain to the Clerk’s duties;
- Familiarity and experience with MS Office, Excel, Outlook and Word programs;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; and
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain working relationships with employees, department heads, public officials, and the general public.
- High school diploma; some college-level or business courses preferred;
- Notary Public commission (perfered)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Moderate physical effort required; normally seated or standing with freedom of movement on a regular basis; operating office equipment, and handling books and supplies. Extensive periods may be spent operating a computer and standing. Extensive use of hands and wrists in frequent repetitive motions. Regular interaction with others via face-to-face communication, telephone, email, and written correspondence. Flexibility of motion – up and down a lot assisting staff and citizens; ability to lift up to 25 pounds is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
The Town of Monson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Town complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Town has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
Position is open until filled, first review of applicants is August 23, 2019.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email: email@example.com Fax: 207.997-3785, or mail: Town of Monson, P.O 308, Monson, ME 04062.